- What information thelostdoggame.com may collect about you and when;
- How thelostdoggame.com might use your information;
- How thelostdoggame.com protects your information; and
- Your rights regarding the information you provide.
It applies to information that thelostdoggame.com collects about you when you use the website and when you sign up to the thelostdoggame.com mailing list.
Information thelostdoggame collects about you
thelostdoggame.com only collects information about you if we have reason to do so – for example, to provide a service you have requested and to communicate with you, or to make our services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through the Website.
Information you provide to thelostdoggame
Signing up for thelostdoggame’s Mailing list
If you sign up with thelostdoggame, we collect information that you provide to us. The information we collect from you, if you provide it, will allow us to contact you and send information to you about products and/or services where you have registered a specific interest in hearing from us.
The only information we collect from you is your name and email address. We use this information to send email news relating to Gwyn’s books and other book related information she thinks you might be interested in knowing about.
Correspondence with us
If you reach out to us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and give me your name and contact email address, I will contact you separately (usually by email) using the details you have provided.
In providing me with your information you thereby consent to me processing it for the above purposes and you can unsubscribe/withdraw from any of those services at any time.
Social Media followers
If you follow me, give me a like or leave a comment on one of my social media platforms, I might follow you back or respond to any comments you make on my social media posts. I don’t keep any separate records about my social media followers, apart from the marketing services provided by those social media companies.
Information I collect automatically
Google collects the following information about your visits to the Website and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access it. This information may include:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information to our website, your browser type and settings, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and information about your visits and use of the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms .
This information isn’t linked to any individual and I use this information to improve my service for you.
My Website will not store any identifying information of your visit on your computer apart from a small text file called a cookie, which in itself does not contain any identifying information and does not mean that you entered the site. See the cookies policy at the end of this document for more detail on cookies.
Information I don’t collect
I do not collect personal data that consists of race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, sex life or sexual orientation or criminal record information.
When do I collect your data?
I collect data when you:
- register as a subscriber to my mailing list, this will be your email address;
If you are not a subscriber to my mailing list, I collect data when:
- you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to me;
- you disclose your data to me or otherwise through the site at any other point.
Third-parties may also provide information to me about you, specifically from any of the following; our business partners and/or sub-contractors or our technical and analytics providers, or our search engine and search information providers.
Thelostdoggame may share information with carefully chosen third party organisations that process data on our behalf but will only do so where:
- We have permission to do so;
- To allow us to provide services to you;
- We are permitted by applicable law;
- We are required to do so by law, court order, legal obligation (i.e. tax offices) or regulatory authorities;
- We are legally required for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime; or
- Where we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of thelostdoggame.
For information on these third party vendors and processors please see the “Third Party Processors” section below.
We will not sell or distribute your information for marketing or any other purpose.
We will not publish your email address or contact information on the site and we will not share that information with any other user of the Website.
Third Party Processors are other organisations/services carefully chosen by thelostdoggame to help thelostdoggame function and operate. In the case of organisations outside of Jersey, the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA) (a) we have prior written instructions for the transfer or (b) we have entered into specific contractual terms with them to ensure that they treat your personal data in way equivalent to that in which they would be required if they were established in Jersey. We will make sure that those organisations are able to keep your information safe.
When you sign up on the Website to hear from me about new books and other news, I use Mailchimp to send emails to you. They may hold information outside of the EU and you can find out more about how Mailchimp process data here.
Links to other sites
Please be aware that my site may link to other web sites, such as Twitter or Steam and other third party news/blogs, that may be accessed by you through my Website. I am not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites. I do not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via my site and I accept no liability or responsibility for their contents.
The Website and my services are aimed at adults (individuals over the age of 18), and I do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children.
Security and Data Retention
I take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and kept for the duration of your use of our service and thelostdoggame.com only uses third party processors who can provide the requisite levels of assurance in respect of data security. (Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.)
If you sign up to the mailing list, your data is retained until you unsubscribe or otherwise tell us that you don’t want to be part of the database anymore, after which it will be deleted.
Mailchimp allows me to see when someone isn’t engaging with the emails I am sending. I can tell if you read an email, so if it looks like you aren’t reading what I am sending you, I will send you an email notifying you that I’m going to remove you from my mailing list unless you say that you would like to remain on it.
Data protection legislation provides data subjects with a number of rights. These include:
- The right know what type of personal data we hold about you, given details about how we use it and to be provided with a copy of the personal data held;
- The right to have an errors or omissions corrected;
- In certain circumstances, the right to request erasure of all your personal data that we hold;
- The right to request we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to direct marketing;
- The right to withdraw consent if you had previously given use consent to process your data;
- The right to request that personal data that you have given to us be moved to a third party;
- The right to lodge a complaint.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com. In your request, please make clear (a) what personal information is concerned, and (b) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
When you make a request to thelostdoggame about exercising any of the rights listed above we will consider any lawful exemptions that may apply and that may prevent us from responding to your request in the manner you may wish. It is possible that there is something that may prevent us from responding to your request in the way you would like. If that is the case, we will explain this to you in writing when we respond to your request.
Complaints or queries
We aim to meet the highest standards when processing personal data.
If at any stage you became dissatisfied with the manner in which we collect, hold or process your personal data or if you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to contact Jersey’s Data Protection Authority c/o the Information Commissioner.
Last updated 26th January 2021
thelostdoggame Cookies Policy
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone) that enables thelostdoggame.com to supply features and functionality for the Website. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device, secure your access to our site generally, and even help us know if someone attempts to access your account from a different device. Cookies also enable you to easily share content and help us serve relevant ads to you on-site and around the web.
We use two main types of cookies on the Website: persistent cookies and session cookies.
- A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user, so it’s easier to return to our sites or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by our sites when you return to one of our sites or a partner site that uses our services.
- Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- Preferences, features and services – Cookies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They can help you fill out forms on our sites more easily.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to the Website and how users use the site. The information is aggregated and anonymous and does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to my site, the pages they visited, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate, maintain, and improve thelostdoggame.com and its content.
- Social Media Cookies. These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the site or engage with our content on or through a social network such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from the Website with your browser settings. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you.
For step-by-step instructions, please check your browser’s help section.